MegaR-FW for LSI2008 help, FreeBSD unrelated
Harry Schmalzbauer
2018-09-06 09:14:44 UTC
Hello,

broadcom has removed some LSI products from the download database.

I have some 9240-8i (LSI2008 with MegaRAID) in stock and missed
downloading the latest versions from Avago.
Can somebody help me out with a link for the MR4.12P2 (20.13.1-0240)
package,

which contains the following components:
WebBIOS 4.0-61-e_50-Rel
ROMENV 1.08
BootBlock 2.02.00.00-0001
NVDATA 3.09.03-0064
PCLI 03.02.20
Hii 03.07.12.04
UEFI_Driver 0x06060A05
FCODE 4.16.08.00
BIOS 4.38.02.2

At least for the IT/IR versions I remember having read that there was a
phase21
 Firmware published, but hard to find / inofficial.
Does anybody know what the FW versions with all the latest fixes read
for the good old 2x08 ICs, i. e. is the MR4.12P2 (-240, from 2015) the
latest?

Thanks,

-harry
Borja Marcos
2018-09-06 09:29:02 UTC
Post by Harry Schmalzbauer
Hello,
broadcom has removed some LSI products from the download database.
I have some 9240-8i (LSI2008 with MegaRAID) in stock and missed downloading the latest versions from Avago.
Can somebody help me out with a link for the MR4.12P2 (20.13.1-0240) package,
Did you search in the Legacy products section?

Product Group: Legacy
Product Family: Legacy RAID Controllers
Product Name: MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i
Post by Harry Schmalzbauer
At least for the IT/IR versions I remember having read that there was a phase21
Firmware published, but hard to find / inofficial.
Does anybody know what the FW versions with all the latest fixes read for the good old 2x08 ICs, i. e. is the MR4.12P2 (-240, from 2015) the latest?
The latest firmware version I’ve been using (and as far as I know, everyone) for the LSI2008, not in Megaraid mode but in IT or IR mode is 20.00.07.00.

mps0: <Avago Technologies (LSI) SAS2008> port 0x9000-0x90ff mem 0xdfff0000-0xdfffffff,0xdff80000-0xdffbffff irq 17 at device 0.0 numa-domain 0 on pci4
mps0: Firmware: 20.00.07.00, Driver: 21.02.00.00-fbsd
mps0: IOCCapabilities: 185c<ScsiTaskFull,DiagTrace,SnapBuf,EEDP,TransRetry,IR>

Confusingly the driver identifies itself as 21.02.00.00. According to the FreeNAS people who checked it with Broadcom it won’t be a problem. After
contacting Broadcom they even removed their usual “driver/firmware version number mismatch” for the particular combination of firmware version 20,
driver version 21.

Anyway I think there are Broadcom folks lurking around here, they will give a more authoritative answer than mine.

Cheers,

Borja.
Borja Marcos
2018-09-06 09:38:07 UTC
Post by Borja Marcos
Post by Harry Schmalzbauer
Hello,
broadcom has removed some LSI products from the download database.
I have some 9240-8i (LSI2008 with MegaRAID) in stock and missed downloading the latest versions from Avago.
Can somebody help me out with a link for the MR4.12P2 (20.13.1-0240) package,
Did you search in the Legacy products section?
Product Group: Legacy
Product Family: Legacy RAID Controllers
Product Name: MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i
That said, something is broken there. I have made a search 5 minutes ago and all I have is a spinning overlay.
They don’t seem to have a timeout. I am wondering, maybe they have one of those ancient hierarchical tape
archives and they need an operator to insert the proper tape ;)

Borja.
Harry Schmalzbauer
2018-09-06 10:23:46 UTC
Post by Borja Marcos
Post by Borja Marcos
Post by Harry Schmalzbauer
Hello,
broadcom has removed some LSI products from the download database.
I have some 9240-8i (LSI2008 with MegaRAID) in stock and missed downloading the latest versions from Avago.
Can somebody help me out with a link for the MR4.12P2 (20.13.1-0240) package,
Did you search in the Legacy products section?
Product Group: Legacy
Product Family: Legacy RAID Controllers
Product Name: MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i
Doh, me stupid.

Did search for 9240, but haven't noticed the Legacy category, thanks!
Post by Borja Marcos
That said, something is broken there. I have made a search 5 minutes ago and all I have is a spinning overlay.
They don’t seem to have a timeout. I am wondering, maybe they have one of those ancient hierarchical tape
archives and they need an operator to insert the proper tape ;)
Happyily reporting that tape winding succeeded ;-)
Glad to see broadcom continues providing LSI Firmware! But copied into
own archive for convenience.

Thanks,

-harry

P.S. Any operator feeding tape archives get's free Beer at Oktoberfest,
just email me ;-)