Heads up: s/u_intXX_t/uintXX_t/ in sys/cam
Warner Losh
2023-07-07 21:12:37 UTC
I plan on finally biting the bullet and moving to the standard uintXX_t.

I plan on doing this next week, before we branch 14.

I also plan on MFC'ing these changes (or rather running the same script
and tagging that commit as a MFC).

This has been talked about forever, and now seems like we have a good lull
in things to do it.

Comments?

Warner
Warner Losh
2023-07-25 03:43:41 UTC
Fire in the hole.

Committing after my test build finishes.

MFC after 3 days, but maybe a bit longer if there's unexpected turbulence.

Warner
Warner
Warner Losh
2023-07-25 04:31:24 UTC
I have just pushed this update into -current. It compiles and boots for me.
It should be a giant nop. I plan on MFCing this in a few days unless
there's unanticipated turbulence.

I have not updated the SIM drivers because most of the u_intXX_t use in
these drivers are not related to CAM interfaces. And many of these drivers
are vendor code, to various degrees.

I think this is the ideal time: Before the 14 branch, when all I need to do
is merge to 13 since 12 is about to go out of support. There will never be
a better time.

Please let me know if I missed anything. or there are problems.

Warner